Websites are all about providing customers with an easy experience so that they can stay connected with your business and you can get sales. A website that has a lot of human elements and ways through which the visitors can come in contact with the organization generally perform better.
Having multiple ways of communication on the website is also a good way to generate leads for your business.
Ways of communication can differ in many ways. You can have email support, phone call support and chat support on your website. What we will be talking about specifically in this article is chat support.
Offering chat support on your website is a great way to add a personal touch to it. There are a ton of chat plugins that you can use and install on your website.
With the availability of a huge variety of options, customers tend to get confused with which plugins are the best chat plugins. And therefore, to help you with that confusion we will be listing down a list of the best plugins along with their features.
This way you will have an idea of what to expect if you wish to invest in one of them, and which one will serve your website’s purpose the best.
LiveChat is one of the most popular and best chat plugins. It provides an easy to use experience for the visitors of the website as well as the chat agents. If you’re a customer visiting a website, you would notice that the LiveChat option is always looming around in your sight so you can always easily click on it and present your query.
Moreover, to make sure that you enjoyed your experience you can also give feedback and talk about your user experience. There’s also a share button from where you can give LiveChat a direct shout out to one of your social media pages.
There are a lot of other options too that Live Chat provides, for instance, you can directly contact your customers yourself. You also have the option to customize your chat window and make it look however you want it to.
These and many other super amazing and functional features are what makes LiveChat an excellent chat plugin that you can use on your website.
- Every user gets a 14-day free trial so you can make good use of it and be sure about your choice
- You get the entire history of all your previous chats
- They have a single dashboard for all the conversions, regardless of the number of sites you’re using LiveChat on
- There are several customization options for your chatbox
- It might not work on some mobile platforms
- Issues related to the time zones
HubSpot’s WordPress Plugin offers more than just the option of live chat. And that is what makes it the second choice on our list of the best chat plugins. With the HubSpot WordPress Plugin, you also get different forms, customer relationship management tools, email marketing, marketing tools automation, analytics and much more.
So basically HubSpot’s WordPress Plugin provides more than just a live chat tool, instead, it provides business with an entire range of services related to digital.
But coming towards the chat part, HubSpot allows you to very easily incorporate chatbots that will run 24/7 on your website. Through this, you can always have some chatbot ready to reply to your visitors at any time.
HubSpot’s Plugin can also be integrated with around 500 other tools so you can redefine your live chat experience with that. Overall, this WordPress Plugin is quite easy to install and very simple to use as well.
- Chatbots can work and answer questions around the clock
- Offers a ton of other marketing-related tools
- Very easy and simple to install
- Can easily integrate with 500 other tools
- Might not be advanced enough to handle sales of huge businesses
- Lacks some flexibility
Olark is a simple fully-fledged live chat solution provider which makes it a good chat plugin. It might not be like your other WordPress Chat Plugins, it still can be easily integrated into your website using a widget.
To make this process easier for you, Olark gives you a dedicated code that you put on any website to get the Olark live chat option.
Other than that Olark offers a crazy good amount of features. To start, it gives you a complete analysis of your chats. This means you can figure out the frequency of chats, how fast did the agents reply, how satisfied your customers were, etc.
It can also be integrated with all your major CRM software like Salesforce, Nutshell, etc. All in all, it offers a great and easy solution to all your live chat needs for your website.
- Allows you to divide your operators into groups, like the sales team, support team, etc
- Integrates with all major CRM software
- Gives you full, in-depth reports of your chats
- Can also be integrated with various Helpdesk tools
- Doesn’t have the option of sharing images/screenshots
- Not many options to customize the theme of the chat widget
Zendesk Chat is also one of the most popular and arguably a strong contender in the list of best chat plugins for your WordPress website. Since it has a dedicated WordPress plugin it can be very easily installed and integrated on your WordPress website.
Moreover, they have one of the most stylish chat boxes which can add a great design element to your website.
For mobile usage, they also have apps for both Android as well as iPhone users. These apps have compact dashboards that allow you to review the performance of your chats and all the analytics related to it.
Overall, Zendesk is great for small as well as big business but for better services, you would have to buy the premium version.
- Offers free subscription with one chat agent
- Has some really beautiful chatbox designs that you can also customize
- Comes with fully functional Android and iPhone apps
- Gives complete analysis of your chats
- Can be quite expensive for small businesses or normal users
- You can’t edit a reply once it has been delivered
Using Pure Chat, you can fully customize your live chat widget. The reason why Pure Chat is an excellent chat plugin is because it greatly automates the live chat process. Through Pure Chat, you can set automatic triggers for certain actions that users take on your website. This way even if your reps are away, you won’t have to worry about your visitors being left in the dark with no response.
Apart from that, you can also choose if your widget is going to be displayed on your website when your reps are offline or not. If that’s the case you can also choose an email to get sent to the visitor directly. They also have some great analytical tools that give you all the insights about your chat history.
- Great ability to have customizable widgets
- Very easy and quick installation process
- Allows you to test the widget out on your website to check the performance
- Very simple to understand and use
- Some minor connection issues
- Problems with receiving notifications
If you want a live chat plugin that you can get up and running in a matter of a few minutes, then Tidio Live Chat might be one of the best chat plugins you can get. There are a ton of attractive options for you, for example, you can fully customize your chat box’s colour to fit your company’s website branding.
You can also access all the chats from your WordPress dashboard and you can also do so by installing either a desktop software, an Android or an iPhone application. Conclusively it offers great functionality and ease of usage.
- Tidio Live Chat comes with a free version too but with some limitations
- Comes with apps for desktop, Android and iPhone
- You can choose from three different designs for your chatbox
- The colour options for the chat widget are endless
- Some other services’ free features are paid in Tidio
- Some connection problems
LiveChat Unlimited is the last entry on our list of the amazing chat plugins. If you want to get away from the hassle of paying monthly fees then LiveChat Unlimited is your way to go because it has a fee of $75.
The overall chat boxes are quite simple but they do come in two different designs for you to choose from. All the chats are handled from the WordPress plugin directly and all in all, it offers a good service at an affordable fee.
- Comes with a one-time fee of $75
- Allows you to handle an unlimited number of conversions at any time
- There’s also a contact form option if visitors are offline
- Easy to use operation
- Doesn’t have many customizable options
- Not great for big organizations
Having a live chat option is the best way to increase your website’s conversions. Therefore, you must invest in one of the best chat plugins that we’ve mentioned to increase your conversions and ultimately, sales. For more tips about your WP site, you can check our ultimate guide.
Sharing this post is caring ❤️