Having internal links on your website is one of the most important practices for On-page SEO. SEO ensures that your website ranks well on search engines by using proper keywords while creating unique content for your web visitors. Internal linking plugins allow search engines to understand your website structure better.
Adding internal links manually, however, can take a lot of time and effort as well. Especially if like us you have 100s of pieces of content on your site, and you may want to link a need content to an article you wrote two years ago. But as usual in WordPress, you can save yourself from all that effort just by simply installing a plugin.
These internal linking plugins allow you to update your website’s old content and add new content with all the proper internal linkages.
Check out our list of the best internal linking plugins for WordPress.
Link Whisper is simple THE best internal linking plugins. That’s what we use here at Focus PPC. This powerful plugin gives you suggestions that will help in building better internal connections, and that will ultimately lead to better rankings of your website on search engines.
The plugin uses artificial intelligence; therefore, you keep getting link suggestions as you’re writing your content. The layout also features a reporting dashboard where you can have an overview of all the internal links and outbound external links as well.
You can even add new links to already published blogs in a matter of two clicks.
- Can be installed very easily
- Very easy to use
- Gives you automatic suggestions
- Comes with a robust reporting system
- There are no external link suggestions.
Interlinks Manager is one of the most powerful internal linking plugins you could ever have for your website. With this plugin you can drive up your website’s SEO.
The plugin also shows you all the important insights related to internal links. For example, you can identify how many internal links are on your website and the number of clicks they get.
All in all, Interlinks Manager is one of the most professional WordPress plugins that can help you in making internal links.
- You can calculate the SEO Link Juice for each link
- Gives you great useful insights regarding the internal links
- Offers automatic creation of links
- Comes Gutenberg ready
- Only provides support through emails
- Might be a little confusing to use
Rank Math is an all in one SEO plugin. It comes packed with a ton of amazing features that can help you get the best out of your website’s SEO. It is the tool we use at Focus PPC for our SEO except for internal links.
However, if you are on a budget, Rank Math is free and will do the job for you!
- The plugin is free
- Gives link suggestions while you write the content
- Comes with an SEO Analyzer
- Also provides tracking for keyword rankings
- The SEO settings can be a little complicated to understand
- The documentation is not as thorough compared to Yoast
If you’ve worked on WordPress, then there’s a very slim chance that you have heard of the Yoast plugin. It is one of the best SEO plugin and comes with an internal linking feature.
Yoast also provides all kinds of essential features for website SEO.
Overall, Yoast SEO remains one of the market leaders of the SEO world, and there are good reasons for that.
- Gives all the content insights for creating links
- Gives you a list of link suggestions
- Optimizes content for keywords, phrases, etc
- Offers redirections and many other essential features
- It’s not so good at understanding the intent of your content
- Can be too much of a grammar corrector rather than an SEO plugin
Next up in the list of best internal linking plugins, is the Internal Link Juicer. This is also a decent plugin for WordPress that saves your time and effort by automatically building internal links once you’re done identifying the keywords in your content.
It’s a great plugin, especially for bloggers, agencies and small-businesses.
- Offers automatic internal linking
- Gives you a lot of customization options
- Allows you to exclude posts that you don’t want to be interlinked
- Easy to use interface
- The free version doesn’t have all the necessary features
- The pro version can be a little expensive for smaller organizations
This particular WordPress plugin makes your life easier by allowing you to create internal links or articles regardless if they’re new or old. This greatly improves your overall website ranking and helps you become more visible on search engines.
One drawback about this plugin, however, is that it hasn’t been tested for the last three major WordPress updates, so you might face some issues. Overall the linking process with this plugin is straightforward and easy to use.
- Allows you to make use of case sensitive internal links
- Everything is manageable directly from the WordPress dashboard
- You can easily assign keywords to the links
- Simple layout and design
- Hasn’t been tested for the last three WordPress updates
- Can be confusing for new users
As the name of this plugin suggests, Internal Links Generator is used to create internal links for your website’s content to increase your on-page SEO. This plugin is an open-source WordPress plugin with a lot of great features.
Unfortunately, like the previous entry on our list, this plugin has also not been tested for the last three WordPress updates.
- You can set up keywords by priority
- You can easily find the right keywords through this plugin
- Creates an internal linking trap to ensure visitors stay on your site
- Comes with several important customization options
- Hasn’t been tested for the last three WordPress updates
- The services offered might not be sufficient for large companies
Inline Related Posts is a smart little plugin for your WordPress website. The plugin works uniquely because it keeps injects related posts in the middle of your content to ensure that your visitors remain interested and don’t leave.
It comes with a free and a paid version. The paid version comes with several exciting and useful features including premium themes, unlimited related boxes, etc.
- Allows you to put related boxes within your content
- Offers real-time preview of your performance
- Puts related posts boxes automatically, according to your content
- Wide variety of themes and combinations
- The premium version comes with all the features, which are missing in the free version
- Might not serve the entire purpose of internal linking
Having the right content with the right internal links is very important to ensure that your website ranks high on the search engines and ultimately ends up getting more traffic. With our list of the best internal linking plugins, you can make your website rank higher easily.
- 7 Best Chat Plugins
- 6 Best Email Marketing Platforms
- Best WordPress Themes For 2021
- 9 Best Hosting For WordPress
- 9 Best Online Store Plugins
- 8 Best Security Plugins
- 7 Best WordPress Forms Plugins
- 9 Best WordPress Page Builders
Sharing this post is caring ❤️